January is one of the best months to visit Cancun, Mexico.
The weather is nearly perfect in January. It’s the driest month of the year so there’s very little chance of rain. And the temperatures are mild, averaging a high of 82° and a low of 67°, with mostly sunshine.
Because the weather is so favorable in January it’s the perfect time to do outdoor activities such as swimming in cenotes, snorkeling, paddle boarding, kayaking, scuba diving, boating and more.
Must Do Activities
- Visit some of the Mayan ruins that dot the Yucatan peninsula like Chichen Itza, Tulum, Coba, and more.
- Eco parks such as Xcaret and Xel-Ha are the perfect place to spend the day enjoying the waters and experiencing Mexican culture.
- Spend a day at Isla Mujeres. Rent a golf cart while you’re there and drive around the whole island and enjoy some of the beautiful beaches where you can swim, snorkel, and take a siesta. Feast at wonderful local restaurants, and shop at some of the local shops.
- Take a nighttime Bioluminescence snorkeling tour.
More Things To Do
- Take a romantic sunset dinner cruise.
- Visit the Interactive Aquarium.
- Partake in a unique opportunity to swim with sailfish.
- Visit the Royal Garrafon Natural Reef Park.
- Take a parasailing adventure.
- Play golf at El Camaleón Golf Course.
See our Things to Do in Cancun page for more to do year round in Cancun, Playa del Carmen, and Riviera Maya.